September 25, 2015
We are very pleased to announce that funding has been arranged again this year to offer the Strengthening Families for Parents and Youth (SFPY) here at St Michael’s again this fall. This is a skills based prevention program for families of youth ages 12-16. However, we will be offering it to parents and youth from grades 6 – 9.
In this SFPY program:
· Your family will learn how to improve communication with each other.
· Adults will learn & have an opportunity to practice different parenting skills.
· Youth are engaged in activities that allow them to express and learn more about themselves.
· Your family will enjoy fun activities together.
There is NO COST for families to register for this program.
Each week a FREE FAMILY MEAL is provided.
Assistance for CHILDCARE & TRANSPORTATION may be provided if needed.
How does the program work?:
· Families meet together for 3 hours once a week for 9 weeks. Tuesday evenings in St Michael’s cafeteria, October 13 – December 8, 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
· Each week begins with a shared meal (1 hour), followed by a skill-building group for parents and a separate skill-building group for youth (~1 hour).
· Each week ends with the youth and adults together in one large group (~1 hour). There is material each week to help families practice at home.
· This program helps families build strengths and learn how to handle potential problems.
If you are interested or have any questions please contact Mr. Roach at 646-2822 ext. 16.