May 1, 2015
ST. MICHAEL’S ELEMENTARY
1. A big THANK YOU AND A JOB WELL DONE to all students who participated in the Heritage Fair. Results for the winners of 1st, 2nd & 3rd place are as follows:
Grade 8: Kelly Smith, 1st, Jasmine Duffenais, 2nd, Hannah Robichaud, 3rd
Grade 7: Dylan O’Quinn, 1st, Tyra Nolan, 2nd, Evan Curnew, 3rd
Grade 6: Samantha Trask, 1st, Andon Young, 1st, Sarah Strickland, 1st, (3 way tie)
Chloe Chaffey, 2nd , Samantha Swyers, 3rd
Grade 5: Amy Pieroway, 1st, Carter Brake, 2nd, Liam Parsons, 3rd
Also, a special thank you to the judges who volunteered their time.
2. Just a reminder to parents there is NO SECRETARY IN THE OFFICE from 11:30- 12:00 for lunch Monday to Friday. This means you may experience delays in having the door answered. If you need to speak to someone, just leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
3. Students will NOT BE PERMITTED to bring any ELECTRONIC DEVICES such as Cell Phones, I Pads or tablets to school until further notice.
4. Parents are reminded that when PICKING UP STUDENTS they should be using the PRIMARY PARKING LOT. A reminder as well to parents to REDUCE SPEEDS when dropping off and picking up students around the building. Be mindful that students are crossing the road to go into the school. The RCMP will be making regular patrols.
5. We are in the process of planning ENRICHMENT CLUSTERS for June 23/24. If you have an indoor or outdoor skill that you would be willing to share with a group of students, please contact the school at 646-2822. A teacher will be present at every activity.