ST. MICHAEL’S ELEMENTARY
1. Funding has been arranged again this year to offer “STRENGTHENING FAMILIES” for families and youth. If you are interested or have any questions please contact Mr. Roach at 646-2822 ext. 16. Further information is on the back of newsletter.
2. The” NEW SCHOOL WEBSITE” is available at:
https://sites.google.com/a/nlesdonline.ca/stmhome/home, you will find
lots of information about the school, a calendar of upcoming events and
electronic copies of any announcement of the site.
3. St. Michael’s Elementary is having a “THANKSGIVING VETETABLE FUNDRAISER” and deadline for orders to be returned is Monday, October 5th, the cost is $10.00 per bag. All monies raised go directly to student activities. Thank you for supporting our fundraiser.
4. Students are “NOT PERMITTED” to bring the following items to school: peanut butter, fish, eggs, sesame seeds due to students having allergies.
5. “CANTEEN SERVICES” are now available selling ice cream and chips.
6. Just a reminder to Parents there is “NO SECRETARY IN THE OFFICE” from 11:30 – 12:00 for lunch, Monday to Friday. This means you may experience delays in having the door or phone answered. If you need to speak to someone, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
7. Students will” NOT BE PERMITTED” to bring any “ELECTRONIC DEVICES” such as Cell Phones, I Pads or Tablets to school until further notice.
8. Thank you to students for your donations towards the “TERRY FOX WALK”. A total of $224.00 was raised towards this very worthy cause.
9. Parents are reminded that the school offers a “LUNCH WARM UP SERVICE”. This allows your child to eat lunch immediately and saves them from long wait times at the microwaves. Simply wrap their food in foil wrap or a foil container and write their name in permanent marker on the foil/container.