The annual Christmas Concert will take place on Thursday, December 15th starting at 6:30 pm. Entrance is $3.00.
Please note that parent teacher conferences will be held on Dec 1st, 2016. Your child's teacher should have been in touch via memo regarding appointment times. School closes for students at 12:05.
The annual Christmas Concert will take place on Thursday, December 15th starting at 6:30 pm. Entrance is $3.00 for adults.
Parents are asked to provide or arrange for their child’s transportation to and from the concert. Please write a note in your child’s agenda if your child is leaving the concert with someone other than their parents. Students will be dismissed after the concert. Should you have to leave early, we ask that you not leave during a performance.
Specific Notes for Students:
Student speaking parts were sent home with students last week. Each student who requested to have a speaking part was accommodated. Please look at the highlighted line with your child and read through the whole page so that your child is familiar with the entire scene.
Band members should wear black pants/skirt, white shirt and a Santa Claus hat.
Students in Kindergarten can wear appropriate dress clothes for the concert.
Grades One to Grades Three are asked to please wear costumes appropriate to their speaking line. For example, if your child’s line says, “I’m the Toy Soldier”, then the student will be required to dress as a toy soldier. All other parts or nonspeaking roles can dress as the following Christmas toys:
Princess Doll, Toy Soldier, Teddy Bear.
Grade 4/5/6 students are asked to wear Christmas colors or concert attire that would be appropriate to the performance.
There will be a dress rehearsal for all students on Thursday, December 15th. Students are asked to please wear their costumes for this dress rehearsal as we will be working with lighting and sound.
Thank you for your continued support of our music program. The students are working hard and are very excited to perform for all of you. We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Good Day Parents and Guardians:
The School Board Trustee Election occurs on Tuesday November 22, 2016. We encourage all parents and guardians to exercise their right to vote and play a part in establishing the new board. Candidates for your Zone can be found on the School Board Elections NL website:
including some biographies provided by candidates.
The polls are open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on election day this coming Tuesday and your polling station location can be found posted in the schools in your zone, on the election website mentioned above and also through the NLESD website (www.nlesd.ca).
School will be closed for students on Monday, Nov 21st due to teacher inservice. School will reopen for students on Tuesday, Nov 22nd, at regular times.
1. The school Remembrance Day assembly will be held on Thursday, Nov 10th at 1 pm.
2. School will be closed for Remembrance Day on Friday, Nov 11th. School will reopen at regular times on Monday, Nov 14th.
There will be a grade 7 math test on Unit 2 on Thursday, Oct 27th.
Picture retakes will take place on Nov 1st, 2016 at 9 am.
Just an update, The Thanksgiving assembly will be held on Thursday, Oct 6th, 2016, starting at 1 pm. The performances will be by the k-3 groups.
1. THANKSGIVING ASSEMBLY will be held on Thursday, October 6. All parents/Guardians are welcome to attend.
2. Parents/Guardians are reminded that for September 2016-2017 school year, we have a WARM-UP LUNCH PROGRAM. Students can avail of this service if they simply wrap the food in tin foil (include name). Line ups for microwaves are becoming increasingly longer and this would help minimize students having to wait long periods of time to use the microwave. POPCORN IS NOT PERMITTED at lunch time since it holds up the wait time to use the microwave. Please encourage your children to eat healthy by providing healthy lunches.
3. SCHOOL CLOSEOUT on Friday, October 7 for students. This is a Curriculum day for teachers.
4. THANKS GIVING HOLIDAY to be held on Monday, October 10 for students. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
5. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY to be held on Thursday, October 13. There will be no school for students on this day.
6. Students are NOT PERMITTED to bring the following items to school: peanut butter, fish, eggs, sesame seeds due to students having allergies.7. Parents/Guardians are reminded to REDUCE SPEEDS AROUND SCHOOL when dropping your child off and picking them up. When picking up your child, next to the main office, please park in Parking Lot, PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK ROADWAY.